Friday, November 1, 2013

Planting Seeds of Kindness

Tie kindness to planting seeds -- seeds start small and they grow and sprout into big plants or huge trees just like kindness can grow. 

A week ago, someone wanted to order my ' Dandelion Wish" Iphone case for her sister's upcoming birthday via etsy - VHNYBoutique. She mentioned that her sister knew me.

Yes, Her sister was a friend of S. We met during the Lawrenceville School reunion this May. Before then, she told me where I could secretly plant My Little Norway Spruce, in central park. 

I decided that I would give her the case as her birthday gift! They wanted order 5 cases to support my fledgling business as return. They love my painting, and sent me their pets pictures for portrait. I had not painted many animals before! They were so adorable! I did enjoy painting them. Kate - the border collie, was the most challenging one. She just passed away. They did not have a good shot of her. I had to rely on a very blurry picture of her and how they described her to create the image of Kate. I understood how much she meant to them, it was so emotional. I took the project very seriously! Fortunately, the outcome was great! Here are the cases I created! My original paintings are much nicer. It is inevitable and unfortunate that some details and color saturation are sacrificed during the printing process!
 click the image
Click the image
    
Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment